Are you or a loved one living with progressive keratoconus and currently considering your potential treatment options? If your doctor has recommended iLink FDA-approved corneal cross-linking— the first and only FDA-approved therapeutic treatment that stiffens the cornea to slow or halt the progression of keratoconus, then you may now be eligible to receive up to $100 towards your non-reimbursable copay expenses through our new patient support program.
Get Started Today
If you are eligible, the iLink Copay Savings Program can help offset some of your out of pocket costs for the FDA-approved epi-off corneal cross-linking procedure with the Photrexa® drug formulations [Photrexa® Viscous (riboflavin 5’-phosphate in 20% dextran ophthalmic solution), Photrexa® (riboflavin 5’-phosphate ophthalmic solution)]. You can receive a voucher for up to $100 towards your non-reimbursable copay expenses.
This program is available to anyone with commercial insurance coverage.
As mentioned, this program is open to anyone with commercial insurance coverage. However, it is important to note that those who are a government beneficiary and/or participant in a federal or state-funded health insurance program (ex: Medicare, Medicare Advantage, Medigap, Medicaid, VA, DoD, TRICARE) are not eligible, as mandated by government guidelines. This is typical for all copay programs like this and is not unique to this program.
If you’re unsure whether or not your insurance plan covers FDA-approved cross-linking, visit our website to see if your plan is on the list.
Enrolling in the iLink Copay Savings Program only requires a few steps:
- Download and fill out the application form to enroll in the iLink Copay Savings Program. The form will need to be completed, signed and faxed to the number provided. If you don’t have access to a fax machine – let’s face it, it’s 2021 – you can ask your doctor’s office to fax the form for you.
- Make an appointment with your doctor performing the FDA-approved corneal cross-linking, or locate a doctor near you by using our physician locator tool.
- If your doctor determines you need the FDA-approved corneal cross-linking procedure, the iLink Copay Savings Program will cover your non-reimbursable out of pocket copay expenses up to $100.*
- Submit via fax your Explanation of Benefits from your commercial insurance provider related to the iLink corneal cross-linking procedure after you have the procedure.
- All successful copay applications will receive reimbursement in the form of a check to the mailing address provided.
Frequently Asked Questions
We know insurance coverage can be tricky, and you may have questions about this new program, so we’re here to help! Below are some answers to frequently asked questions about the iLink Copay Savings Program.
What expenses does the voucher program cover?
The Program will cover certain non-reimbursable out of pocket copay expenses for the FDA-approved cross-linking procedure with Photrexa drug formulations up to $100. The maximum payment under the program is $200 – up to $100 per eye. The Explanation of Benefits form you receive from your commercial insurance provider should show both the professional fee and pharmaceutical fee associated with your procedure. Legally, the copay reimbursement can only apply to your out of pocket expenses related to the pharmaceutical fee.
Your Explanation of Benefits Form should show:
- J2787 – This code is for the Photrexa drug formulations. Your copay related to this code will be eligible for reimbursement.
- 0402T – This code is related to your physician’s time during the procedure and is not eligible for reimbursement as part of this program.
Does my doctor have to do anything to participate in the program?
Your doctor may be willing to help you submit your faxed application, but you will need to provide the key information as well as your Explanation of Benefits documentation which is required to receive your check once your treatment is completed.
How does a patient get paid?
Once your completed and signed application is submitted via fax, you are eligible for the program, and you have submitted your Explanation of Benefits, you will receive a check up to $100 for the patient responsibility portion of your claim to the mailing address you provide.
How long does the payment take to process?
Once your Explanation of Benefits has been submitted, it will typically take 14-21 days to receive your check in the mail.
Where can I find a doctor who offers FDA-approved cross-linking?
You can find a list of doctors who perform FDA-approved cross-linking with Photrexa drug formulations on our physician locator.
To see additional questions about the program, visit our website to see the full list.
We’re here to support you throughout your keratoconus journey. If you or a loved one are living with progressive keratoconus, don’t hesitate to make an appointment with your eye doctor to learn more about your available FDA-approved treatment options or to schedule your cross-linking procedure. Once you schedule the procedure, enroll in the iLink Copay Savings Program today to receive up to $100 towards your copay.
MA-02294 Rev 1