World Keratoconus Day
What is World KC Day?
World KC Day is celebrated on November 10. It is sponsored by the National Keratoconus Foundation (NKCF), an educational program of the Gavin Herbert Eye Institute, UC Irvine. The day is dedicated to raising awareness for KC, as well as educating and advocating for those living with the disease.
How can you get involved?
- Share what it means to you to be living with keratoconus and how you are remaining confident by using the hashtags #WorldKCDay, #KCConfidence, and #LivingWithKC
- Take a selfie or share a picture that shows your perspective on KC, including you or your family members doing an activity they love and submit it to email@example.com to be shared on the NKCF’s World KC Gallery
- Wear a lime green or chartreuse ribbon as a symbol of KC awareness, and tag Living With KC in your photos on social media
- Follow and engage with others in the KC community to share your experiences and raise awareness for KC
- Don’t forget to add yourself to the NKCF’s Interactive World KC Day map
- Research events that may be taking place near you
Visit the NKCF’s World KC Day website to learn about other World KC Day programs and activities.