World Keratoconus Day is fast approaching – Join Living with KC and other members of the keratoconus community to spread the word and raise awareness!
What is World KC Day?
World Keratoconus Day is celebrated on November 10th. It is sponsored by the National Keratoconus Foundation, an educational program of the Gavin Herbert Eye Institute, UC Irvine. The day is dedicated to raising awareness about keratoconus (KC), as well as educating and advocating for those living with keratoconus.
The NKCF’s initiatives surrounding World KC Day are as follows:
- Encouraging people around the world to share their KC stories
- Educating patients, friends and family about keratoconus
- Collaborating with fellow KC organizations
What is Keratoconus?
Keratoconus, often referred to as ‘KC’, is a non-inflammatory eye condition in which the typically round dome-shaped cornea progressively thins and weakens, causing a cone-like bulge to develop. This can result in significant visual loss.
To learn more about KC, including symptoms and treatment options, click here.
How Can You Get Involved?
You can help raise awareness and advocate for keratoconus! This year, we are focusing on the theme of Keratoconus Confidence and how a KC diagnosis doesn’t have to hold you back from doing what you love. We want to hear about what gives you confidence! Participating in World KC Day is simple:
- Share what it means to you to be living with keratoconus and how you are remaining confident by using the hashtags #WorldKCDay, #KCConfidence and #LivingWithKC
- Take a selfie or share a picture that shows your perspective on KC, including you or your family members doing activity they love and submit it to firstname.lastname@example.org to be shared on the NKCF’s World KC World KC Gallery
- Wear a lime green or chartreuse ribbon as a symbol of keratoconus awareness and tag Living with KC in your photos on social media
- Follow and engage with others in the keratoconus community to share your experiences and raise awareness for KC
- Don’t forget to add yourself to the NKCF’s Interactive World KC Day Interactive World KC Day Map
Make sure to visit the NKCF’s World KC Day website (worldkcday.com) to learn about other World KC Day programs and activities, and follow Living with KC on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.